Wednesday, September 29, 2010

only the beggining



















Our story is a very interesting one. I lived in Kansas City. Mark lived in Illinois. We both said no at first, but something changed our minds. It started with my neighbors... the Ah Mu's. Such a wonderful family. The first week of March 2010 they started talking about Mark. I think I could have been rolling my eyes the whole time, I can't remember. But if I could trust someone setting me up it would be them. And it worked. Mark and I Facebook messaged each other a about a week later. Messages turned into texting. Texting turned into calling. Then Mark came to visit me in Kansas City, March 20th, 2010. We went to dinner at the cheesecake factory that night. Mark drove. It was snowing really bad. We listening to Smashing Pumpkins in the car on the way there. We ordered the same food. 4 cheese pasta. mmm. so good. After dinner we walked around the plaza.... yes, its still snowing. I felt something completely different that night. I thought it was the fact that I was freezing from head to toe. I kept thinking to myself, don' t get a head of yourself Lauren! I didn't want to get my hopes up! But he did everything the right way that night. We went back home and said our goodbyes. I expected that to be the only time I would ever see him.

The next evening, March 21st, I had dinner with the Ah Mu's. They asked how it went. I mentioned Mark seemed pretty cool, but i didn't think he was that interested in me. Melvin looked straight up from across the table and said, "You're going to marry him." I remember laughing. but i don't remember if i was laughing on the inside or not. Then I realized later on.... that was my answer to my question, that I wasn't ready to ask for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment